The Fribourg International Film Festival presents its “34 ½” edition, following the cancellation of the 34th edition. FIFF offers an abridged version of the 2020 programme with screenings of selected films from its 2020 programme at other festivals, online, on TV and at special one-off events during the year. This quick change of plans would not have been possible without the incredible and overwhelming show of solidarity from the public and the Festival’s partners, as well as the high calibre of the programme itself and FIFF’s important network of contacts.
More details in the press release of Wednesday 11th March, "FIFF unveils its “34 ½” edition"
Programme for September
Many screenings take place in September thanks to a great number of collaborations. The Festival is looking forward to meeting the audience again at each of those events.
To the programme
Thank you dear friends!
Many festivals have shown us great sympathy by inviting FIFF to present, in their festival, movies of its cancelled edition. Here are the events for October and November:
• Zurich Film Festival, which will show The Hive, one of the film of the FIFF 2020 International Competition: Feature Films, in attendance of the director (2nd October).
• Nuit du court métrage, Fribourg, which will show Basurero, one of the entries from the FIFF 2020 International Competition: Short Films (2nd October).
• Festival Aventi’clap, in Avenches, which invites Thierry Jobin to show three films of his choice from the FIFF 2020 programme (23 and 24 October).
• Kurzfilmtage Winterthur, which will show six entries from the FIFF 2020 International Competition: Short Films (3 to 8 November).
• Numerik Games Festival, in Yverdon, which will show three monster movies from the FIFF 2020 programme (12 to 15 November).
• Nuit du court métrage, Lausanne, which will show five entries from the FIFF 2020 International Competition: Short Films (27 November).
The selection committee's top 10
FIFF’s Selection Committee decided to pick the 10 films from its 2020 programme that it was particularly looking forward to sharing with the public. The movies of this Top Ten will be screened each Monday evening in Fribourg, starting on 5th October.
Films in cinema
Films selected for FIFF2020 are in theaters. Find the list of screenings in the agenda of the Edition 34 ½.
Films availabel online
Up to seventeen films selected for the competitions of the Festival have been available on three online platforms.